Free sky - the Firefly RP [Planning]

Go down

Free sky - the Firefly RP [Planning]

Post  Molach! on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:58 pm

“Earth-that-was could no longer sustain our number so we found a new, bigger solar system.” –Serenity intro.

History:

The earth became to crowded and the natural resources became scarce. So millions of settler set out in search of a new home. After along travel they found a new bigger solar system with dozens of planets and moons. Most of these planets and moons have been terra-formed. They have oxygen, liveable temperatures and gravity similar to earth-that-was.

The central planets formed an alliance. One government for all the planets of the ‘verse. But not all the planets agreed and a war broke out. Years later the independents or ‘brown coats’ lost to the alliance and the ‘unification war’ ended. There are still worlds along the rim were the alliance has no or little interest in. however the lack of a government means that most of these world are ruled by gangsters and the like.

There are many dangers in the black. I am talking of coarse about reaver. Savage people, if you can still call them people. Reavers will rape you to death, eat your insides and wear pieces of your skin as clothing. Not necessarily in that order. They say they went to the edge of the galaxy and went crazy when the stared into the nothingness beyond the edge.

Our story:

We are a new crew onboard the ‘Free sky’, a small freelance transport vessel. we are just settling in as we are already underway on our first adventure. Smuggling, illegal salvage operations and sometimes thieving are the jobs we usually take.

You create one character of the crew and you are only allowed to control that character. Upon creation you choose your personal info, role, equipment, weapons and skills. Everyone gets to choose one Major skill and up to five Minor skills.
Skills
Melee combat(Minor/Major) – how good you are with your fist
gunmanship(Minor/Major) – how good you are with a gun
Piloting(Minor/Major) – speaks for itself
Engineering(Minor/Major) – your skill with an engine and technology
Medical(Minor/Major) – your ability to fix up peoples wounds
Diplomacy(Minor/Major) – how well you talk yourself out of a situation
seduction(Minor/Major) – how well you can use your charm
animal handling(Minor) – maybe you are good with animals
swordsmanship(Minor/Major) – among the high-class of civilization duels with swords are a common practice
covert(Minor/Major) – not all situations require brute force
Performance(Minor) – if you play an instrument or are a good dancer this is the skill you must have (don’t forget to mention what you can ‘perform’

Example: a minor medical skill would be able to stop the bleeding wile a major medical would be able to remove the bullet.

Char sheet:

Name:
Role:
Equipment:
Weapons:
Skills:
Bio:

Current Crew
-Captain: Hunaris 'Hun' Fantal - Molach
-Mechanic: Richard 'Richy' Wildes -thedoomedpixel
-Pilot: Morgan Mason - Katamar
-Docter: Natasha Serkova - Razor23
-Representative:
-Mercenary: John Baker - Kitty kat

Last edited by Molach! on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Molach!

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Free sky - the Firefly RP [Planning]

Post  thedoomedpixel on Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:33 pm

And I'm Co-GM, by the way. And here's my character:

Char sheet:

Name: Richard (Richy) Wildes
Personality: Good-humored, devilish, and sly
Role: Mechanic
Equipment: A toolset on his belt, along with several handy gadgets which he has invented. He is particularly proud of his LCD bombs, which blind cameras and people. He also wears smoke glasses which tone down the blinding light from working on machinery.
Weapons: He carries a handgun, and one of his wrenches has an electric jolt feature, for those really sticky situations.
Skills:
Major) Engineering
Minor) Piloting
Minor) Covert
Minor) Gunmanship
Bio: Doing an cortex search on Richy won't provide you with much information; he is what is called a "Cortex Ghost". All records, everything is gone. As far as the Alliance is concerned, he doesn't exist.

Richy is a proud veteran on the Battle of Serenity Valley, the final battle in the Unification War. He is now Free Sky's mechanic, and, when in need, co-pilot. When not working on the ship, he can usually be seen in the mess, eating, or in his private quarters, tinkering and making new gadgets.
thedoomedpixel
Admin

Male Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-10-15

View user profile http://andimian.artspots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RussianMan on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:19 pm

Name:John Baker (Yes, same as I always use)

Personality:Rough around the edges, good humored and not so much a war-lover, just has to get by

Role:Mercenary

Equipment:A modern Alliance Issue Space Suit, little protection but great mobility, a few medi-paks that carry little Medical Equipment, an updated COM system and a Modern HUD system

Weapons:A Fully Automatic Xm8 Assault Rifle, an Uzi as a side-arm, and on average 3 fragmentation grenades

Skills:
Major:Gunmanship
Minor:Melee combat
Minor:Diplomacy
Minor:Medical
Minor:Seduction
Minor:Covert

Bio:After flunking school, the only options open to John was the Merc academy in his town, or going around town with a broom cleaning floors. He took the Merc Academy. He was some what skilled with silent kills and he was very accurate, and he was okay with the melee weapons and Medical skills, one thing he learned after being a Merc so long is Diplomacy. He got tired of shooting at someone and being shot at, he isn't able in all times but once in a while he gets threw. He was hired by the Free Sky and stuck with them since. Not much getting hit, but lots of hitting untrained gangmembers. Usually spends about 5 hours a day training in all his majors and minors, afterwards generally is on the flightdeck and observation deck. (We have those right?)

Last edited by Kitty-Kat on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
RussianMan

Male Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molach! on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:45 am

Name: Hunaris ‘Hun’ Fantal
Personality: generally friendly, though a little paranoid
Role: Captain
Equipment: he always carries an old compass with him, though of coarse it is useless in space.
Weapons: a military grade side-arm
Skills
- Major: Gunmanship
- Minor: Diplomacy
- Minor: piloting
- Minor: Melee combat
- Minor: covert
(will switch Gunmanship with piloting if we can’t find a pilot.)
(or switch gunmanship with diplomacy if we can't find a Representative.)
Bio: born in a rich family he rarely had a choice about his own life. During the unification wars his parents made him fight for the alliance. “if you do this you will be a man.” His father kept saying every time Hun said he wouldn’t go. But he eventually he went anyway, as was it always in his family. By the time he came out of basic training though the battle of serenity was fought and the war was almost over. And Hun saw very little real combat. He was long enough in the war however to realize he had a life of his own. And immediately after the war he moved out and found a job. It did not take Him long to realize that all he wanted to do is to be among the stars. So he bought the Free sky and assembled a crew as soon as he had saved up enough money.
Molach!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RussianMan on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Soooo, is this thread dead, are you going to keep on waiting or are you going to put NPCs to fill in the empty slots?
RussianMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Razor23 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:41 am

Name: Natasha Serkova

Personality: Friendly and brave.

Role: Doctor

Equipment: First aid kits, Light Space Suit, Thermal and X-Rays Googles.

Weapons: A sniper rilfe, a laser handgun and a multiuseable knife.

Skills:
A) Major : Medical
B) Minor :
1) Gunmanship
2) Melee Combat
3) Engineering

Pic:

Bio: Natasha from a child she had two dreams for her future. She imagined herself as a doctor and as a military officer. When she finished the school she entered the Soviet Military and Medical Academy in order to make her dreams real. She studied and trained very hard and finally she managed to became what she was always dreamed of. She went in many battles where she fight hard and healed the wounded soldiers.
She manage to became a leader in a squad because of her ability to use armed and melee combats. But in one mission her squad was left behind after a cold decision that the Generals took. She manage to stay alive and she escaped. Now she left the Soviet army and she is ready to start a new life...

Last edited by Razor23 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Razor23

Male Number of posts : 55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katamar on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:34 am

Wow... putting this in fantasy almost made me miss it... i'd love to play, but i noticed there wasn't a scout type role... if at all possible, i'd like to make a scout, otherwise i'll fill in some other spot.

Katamar
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molach! on Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:14 pm

A scout?

tell me, as a scout... what do you plan to do?

i am sorry i dont really see why we need it. if we do need a scout i think it is best for one of the already existing players to adapt a little, like the mercenary for instance.

if you can convince me we really need one however I will gladly add one.

razor, as soon as you fill in a bio you are accpeted.
Molach!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katamar on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Meh, I just wanted to be sneaky. I'll gladly play as a pilot or a diplomat, whichever is most needed for this rp to work.

Katamar
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RussianMan on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:16 pm

You could be a mercenary and make Covert your major and just add silenced stuff?
RussianMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Razor23 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:42 am

Done!
Razor23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katamar on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:53 pm

Meh, first come first serve, merc's already taken. I'll be post a pilot soon, unless you really need a diplomat, in which case tell me asap so i dont make a nice pilot.

Katamar
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molach! on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:18 pm

we need a pilot more than a Diplomat. besides, if necessary a respectable captain should be able to take on that role as well.
Molach!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RussianMan on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:38 pm

Oh, I didnt even know that there could be only one of each, I thought there could be atleast 2 mercs
RussianMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katamar on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:54 pm

Name: Morgan Mason
Personality: Self-proclaimed master of puns. Always chipper.
Role: Pilot
Equipment: Carries a screwdriver, wire cutters, and electrical tape.
Weapons: His pride and joy is his antique Swiss Army knife. He also carries a tazer.
Skills:
Major) Piloting
Minor) Engineering
Minor) Melee Combat
Minor) Performance - Plays a Tenor Sax, generally Jazz.
Bio: Mason was born in a middle class family. He really had no motive for joining the Alliance, and none for the ROTC Naval Academy as well, aside from dumb luck and boredom. Morgan, who graduated an officer was guaranteed a noncombat role in the Unification wars. During the earlier years, Mason spent most of his time practicing saxaphone, and eventually joined a crewmade jazz band on his ship.

Enventually, the ship's captain was killed by a brown-coat infiltrator, who just happened to be Mason's bunkmate and fellow bandmember. During a subsequent court-martial, Mason was luckily cleared of being a coconspirator, but further investigation revealed the assasin's identity to obvious. Double Jeapordy saved Mason criminal charges, but he was dishonorably discharged and labeled "incompetent."

Mason tried unsucessfully to live on an ameteur musician's wage. The struggle just to find a place to sleep was just too much, so he turned to the only other trade he knew anything about. Morgan piloted his first ship(not training of course) over three years after graduating from his top-notch piloting school in the service of an old mercenary, who unfortunately for Mason died soon after the war ended. During this breif job, Mason was able to add to his high scale book-knowledge of flying with of-the-record experience, and became quite the skilled pilot for many occasions, including blockade running, smuggling, and even dogfighting. The combination of protocol knowledge and fringe experience has made him capable of not only predicting other vessels, but also being unpredictable himself.

PICTURE!!!

Katamar
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molach! on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:50 pm

there can be more mercs but first I wanted the other positions filled.

Katamar, you are accpeted.

anyways, I as captain will take on the last role as well. wich means we will start soon.

If you still want to join you can still have it if you want, or you can be a merc if you prefer.
Molach!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molach! on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:58 am

I was gone for the holidays but i am back now, still busy but ill promise ill have this up by monday
Molach!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molach! on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:01 pm

if anywone still wants to continue this ask Doomed to take over. I wont be on anymore for some time and so you will have to go without me.
Molach!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katamar on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:31 am

well, i for one, would like to give this a spin... so..er.. yeah.. doomed... there ya go!

Katamar
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Katamar on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:03 pm

I'd really like to do this game fellas, I've been watching a lot of firefly lately, and I could definately help if necessary.

Katamar
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum