The Temple of Doom [Planning] - Free for All Series

Go down

The Temple of Doom [Planning] - Free for All Series

Post  MegaGoober on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:05 pm

MegaGoober Production, 2008 - ?
Style: Medieval / Demonic

___________________________________________________________________________________________
THE TEMPLE OF DOOM

In the town of Solaris, off the western coast of Canada around 1100 BC, there lay an ancient and evil fortress, a temple of other worldy beings and forces that the common man cannot comprehend. Before, it was only dangerous when those foolish enough ventures within its walls, but now, the Darklord of the Underworld has risen, and he has begun to take his revenge upon man.
Solaris, one of the Celestial Twin cities, is the closest civilization to the accursed temple, and thus the first target of the Darklord's reign of terror...

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Character Creation Form

Please erase all help before personal creation.
Name:
Class(Warrior or Scorceror):
Primary Element(Fire, Ice, Electricity):
Balance(Experience or Greed):
Purpose(Redemption, Honor, Adventure, Duty, Treasure, or Sanctity):
Backstory(Basically where he/she's from, family, and journey beforehand):
____________________________________________________________________________________________
General Mega Goober RP Rules - I am GM, and the first two players to get in are Co-GM's (But only if they want to be) Anyone right after to them can take their place if needed be. (Substitute GM's) 'Course, you can't even have god mode since its level based, but just don't be unfair in, well, anything. (If possible)
For this game, if your character "dies", he / she is sent "Back to Town", where usually most of your items are taken away and you have to work your way back up the temple. (Maze posts, same as Battle posts) You can also join In-game guilds and teams, even battle / duel other players if the need arises, or for fun.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Now, PLEASE, and I mean, very scowled upon if you don't, make OOC posts in THIS thread, and keep a single post you can keep editing for battles. (Just one per battle, any number for story progression, etc.) I will make the experience / money / item systems, and you can decide what skills you get, what you buy, and what you equip. (It will all be completely worked out when the playing thread comes out) Other than that, I'll answer any questions and concerns you may have. Also, please tell me if you think I missed anything. Official character sheets will be posted in the playing thread.

Last edited by MegaGoober on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total

"All beings that exist in the universe are predestined to be of either good or evil power. Each being, to start, has their own ability, or unique trait - Destiny determines whether they keep the power to use for Holiness, or Shadow..."
______The Book of Destiny, Volume One
"It takes a long time to say anything in Old Entish, and we don't say much of anything unless it takes a very long time to say."
______Treebeard, The Lord of the Rings
MegaGoober

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Classification and ElementalExplanations

Post  MegaGoober on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:35 pm

Everything listed in this post is an extension or a clarification of an item in the Character Creation Sheet. For Class and Element, I have included additional options for picky / specific players.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Classes

Character Classes are general titles for your character. A warrior, of course, is someone who uses more brawn than brain, and a Scorceror is vice versa, obviously. However, I've broken these two down into more specific classes. Here is the chart for advanced character creation regarding Class:

___________________Warrior___________________
________Fighter________-_________Ranger_______
Berserker__-__Barbarian__-__Assassin__-__Marksman

________________Scorceror_______________
_________Mage_______-_____Summoner____
Enchanter__-__Wizard__-__Druid__-__Warlock

You can choose ANY class you want within the tree, but please only pick one. If you need an even more detailed description of a class / classes, I'll be happy to elaborate.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Elements

Primary Elements are basically your magic power, and is used even with warriors. Your element will affect your character depending on the class, and can power up attacks, affect your statistics, and even grant you access to exclusive items in the shops and labyrinths. The ten elements that follow are the easiest and most effective elements to wield according to I, your ruler and master, Lord Furblenurble, MegaGoober, master of all that exists- you get the picture.

Fire__-__Ice__-__Nature__-__Rock__-__Stone__-__Poison__-__Wind__-__Electricity__-__Light__-__Dark*

*If you choose to have a Dark element, you will be increasingly powerful, but you will need to complete certain tasks later in the game to prevent courruption of your soul and possession by the temple evils.

You may have more than one element later on in the game, but for now, just select the one you'll be using to start out with.

"All beings that exist in the universe are predestined to be of either good or evil power. Each being, to start, has their own ability, or unique trait - Destiny determines whether they keep the power to use for Holiness, or Shadow..."
"It takes a long time to say anything in Old Entish, and we don't say much of anything unless it takes a very long time to say."
MegaGoober

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Temple of Doom [Planning] - Free for All Series

Post  MegaGoober on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:21 pm

Name: Geubis Nargos
Class: Berserker
Primary Element: Fire
Balance: Experience
Purpose: Adventure
Backstory: Geubis resides from a city in Turkey, nearby where vampire attacks and demon sightings are common and well dealt with. It is said that he is also the son of a vampire, himself, but there has been no evidence, although, on some nights, a creature that very closely resembles Geubis can be seen at night, leaping from the tops of buildings and dissapearing after the sun comes up. Still, there are very few sightings, but the people of his town have outcasted and ridiculed him for his already strange ways and habits. He goes to the temple to find a way to clear his name and gain renown, having a good time doing it, too.
Geubis traveled across the nation all the way to the pass between Asia and North America via the frozen bridge connecting the two countries of the lands. Geubis at last found a caravan willing to journey to Solaris city. There were even rumors of other warriors, like him, going there too, for reasons of their own. "Heh." he thought. "So I'm not the only one seeking the vile place..."

(Yeah, try to end your character's backstory at where they meet within the caravan, and see if you can mention something about foreshadowed relations / team ups. Also, make your character in what you think would be kind of like beginners armor or ratty clothing, y'know, equipment you would normally start out with in a video game RP or something)

MegaGoober

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My character

Post  RussianMan on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:53 pm

Name:Mell Koslofsky
Class:Fighter/Berserker
Primary Element:Fire
Balance:Experience
Purpose:Revenge
Backstory:Mell was born in the country of Russia. His family was prosecuted and he was forced to flee. Wherever he went, some of the persecuters followed. He never really realized what his father had done to turn the people against them, but it worked and they sailed for Canada. During the sail, a strange storm, dark clouds and black lightning formed and destroyed the boat. He awoke on the shore of what he belived to be Canada, with all his belongings gone. He stumbled around until he was met by a group of bandits. He got one lucky shot and hit one unconcious, the rest ran. He kept the bandit's small and rusted mechette. Spending most of his time at taverns he heard the stories, and how the dark forces had claimed a ship, the one Mell was on. He also heard of the caravan, he set out to find it and when he did, he joined to get vengence on whatever had done that.
RussianMan

Male Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoNazi on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:43 pm

Hey, I remember this! The first Rp I ever joined on UGO. (Its, failboat, by the way.) Decided to bring it 'back from the dead'?
----------

Name: Bastion Armenrel
Class: Warrior (Assassin)
Primary Element: Electricity
Balance: Experience
Purpose: Redemption
Backstory: Bastion was originaly a smuggler, before becoming a sellsword of great skill. The Armenrel family was infamous for their assassinations, and thus Bastion was raised a killer.
TechnoNazi
SuperMod
SuperMod

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Some el problemos, hombres.

Post  MegaGoober on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:05 pm

Hey, guys, when you make a sheet, please try to include a picture and delete anything in parentheses within the your form. If you want me to make your character's appearance, I can do that too. I will be using Hero-)-Matic most of the time. If you haven't found it yet, my character is in a link in his name.
Also, only select one character class if you can. Just pick the one closest if you can't decide, and I'll understand if you include a detailed story.

MegaGoober

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoomedpixel on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:12 pm

Dead RP. Closed. If you wish to re-open this RP, please PM me or just make a new one.
thedoomedpixel
Admin

Male Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-10-15

View user profile http://andimian.artspots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MegaGoober on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:31 am

Well, since the thread is now dead, and nobody's interested, maybe this idea will interest you:

Those of you from UGO may have seen or known that I am a very ambitious (although as of yet unsuccessfull) video game designer from my own computer... and I neither, really, have the time nor the software to fulfill that ambition. (*cough cough* anyone that has a solution to this can help please *cough cough*)

So, anyways, anyone who is still commited to this thread and any others that don't or haven't succeeded (or heck, any others you want to be in) I will give you a chance to be rcognized in the games if or when I finally do create them. I know I haven't been around a whole lot (at all) but I'll see if I can participate more.

I already have a character creation base made up for The Temple of Doom, and anyone who wants to forever be a part of it in some way or another can fill it out. I will only post it after at least one person replies.

MegaGoober

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down