Heronation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3?

3 posters

Go down

Fallout 3? Empty Fallout 3?

Post  RussianMan Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:01 pm

How 'bout an RP based on the Fallout 3 game created by Bethesda? I played the game and loved it so much, I suddenly thought that it would be fun to do one. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the game, the year is 2277, at a climax of a long running war between China and the USA, nukes went off and oblitterated the World. Mutants roam the Wasteland, but have high concentrations in the D.C. ruins, Raiders and Slavers wander the Wastelands raping and pillaging and Mutated Animals roam out there as well. The Brotherhood of Steel is an organization fighting them, and the Enclave is the American Government attempting to establish a firm control over the D.C. Wastelands. You came out of a high-tech vault in to the Wastelands and try to survive, since down there the Overseer established absolute power, killing anyone who went against him.

Towns-

Megaton-A town built around a LIVE atom bomb that hasn't detonated yet. The people Worship the bomb like a god.

Tenpenny Tower-A beautiful tower set up by Allistar Tenpenny, Only Royalty or people with money are allowed in, very high security.

Rivet City-A town built on an Aircraft Carrier, they build bridges leading to a few other ships still afloat, the only way on is to have them lower the gates.

Paradise Falls-A Slaver Encampment, loaded with hundreds of guards, if your evil they will accept you, if your not, they will kill you.

GermanTown-A small town overrun by Mutants, pretty much just a feeding area for them.

Andale-A city of 3 Families, there basement has a stench, and Travelers tend to disappear around there, they have no shortage of meat.

Bigtown-A town where the Adults go from Lamplight, this town is a rathole, constantly hit by Slavers then Mutants, you could help them though.

Lamp Light-A very secure city, anyone over 16 is not allowed.

Citadel-The main base for the Brotherhood of Steel, they are very strong in numbers and accept only good people.

D.C. Ruins-The Brotherhood of Steel is held up here fighting the numerous mutants that inhabit the Ruins, many treasures are to be found.

More to be found later if you play.

Misc Stuff-

Rads-All water has radiation and if you drink too much, you will get Rad sickness, which decreases all your stats based on how long and bad you have it.

Karma-Based on a percentage, 49-20% is somewhat bad, 19-0% is extremely evil, 51-80% is somewhat good, 81-100% is extremely good, 50% is neutral.

Stats-Strength, Vitality, Speed, Agility, Endurance, and intellegence.

Almost all things you find in the Wastelands can be used as a weapon, use a bone as a hammer, or throw and/or stab people with forks. Anything is possible (Except for cars, can't pick those up)

Last edited by Kitty-Kat on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:06 pm; edited 5 times in total
RussianMan
RussianMan

Male Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Fallout 3? Empty Re: Fallout 3?

Post  TechnoNazi Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:46 pm

God, you idea stealer! I was going to do the same thing!

A fellow Fallout 3 lover, I am happy with this idea. I have to force myself to leave the computer when playing, even to eat or go to the bathroom!
TechnoNazi
TechnoNazi
SuperMod
SuperMod

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  RussianMan Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:38 am

I have the same predicament with this sweetly awesomeful game.

Want to be my CO-GM? I could use some help, if people want to play that is.
RussianMan
RussianMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Katamar Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:07 pm

not a bad idea... count me out though, im too busy playing it on my ps3 to try and do it again on a forum rp.

Katamar
Admin

Male Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoNazi Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:18 pm

Oh, come on Katamar! Oh well. By the way, PS3s are for losers, Xbox360 ftw!

Anyway, sure, I'd love to Co GM this one. Though, a word of advice, try taking out some of the complexity, don;t make it Fallout 3 DnD style, keep it like a regular Rp. Like, I'd take out the damage and stuff for the weapons, and armor, mobility, etc. for the armor. Keep it simple. People like simple. *Cough* like my wife *cough* (Dirty moment)
TechnoNazi
TechnoNazi
SuperMod
SuperMod

Back to top Go down

Post  RussianMan Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:52 pm

This simple enough? Just damage and how much in a clip for weapons and just how much armor protects you, or should I just get rid of ALL the stats?
RussianMan
RussianMan

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoNazi Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:09 pm

All of it, I think. Like I said, make it simple. Make sure it plays out like a normal Rp and not something to advanced (Normal being something like my Fall of Kingdoms, Rise of Guilds.). If you continue it like this, it'll end up like DnD, qwhich over time gets extremely boring if its forum-based.
TechnoNazi
TechnoNazi
SuperMod
SuperMod

Back to top Go down

Post  RussianMan Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:12 pm

Okay, I have done it.

If anyone wants to play and they havent posted on this Topic, then you should now, or the Planning Thread will not be made, you have to show me you want to play before I make it a cyber-based reality.
RussianMan
RussianMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Katamar Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:43 am

Badshagged wrote:Oh, come on Katamar! Oh well. By the way, PS3s are for losers, Xbox360 ftw!

Well, i'd really like to see how this goes before i commit, and im pretty sure your searching for a bit more commitment than that. And BTW, i own all 3 next gen consoles, and i buy every multi platform game for ps3. Wii and 360 are just for exclusives in my house.

Katamar
Admin

Male Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoNazi Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:04 pm

Bio, I meant to take out the armor and weapons themselves, as well. They can still be the core equipment of the game, but don;t make any limitations when it comes to weapons and armor. We all know everyone would choose the best of each. You can keep the list there, but if you do, say they are examples.

Antoehr thing I think would be cool is to have an 'Other' option in the weapons list, should you choose to keep it. Meaning, if the players weapon were to run out of ammo, they could pick up chunks of rubble to hurl at the enemy, or use a fallen street sign as a spear. Something like that.
TechnoNazi
TechnoNazi
SuperMod
SuperMod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: