Heronation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fall of Kingdoms, The Rise of Guilds - Playing

4 posters

Go down

The Fall of Kingdoms, The Rise of Guilds - Playing Empty The Fall of Kingdoms, The Rise of Guilds - Playing

Post  TechnoNazi Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:11 pm

Only post in this wonderous roleplay if you have been accepted via planning thread. It is never to late to join, if you haven't.
------------

Bastion shifted his bow and quiver a little higher on his shoulder as he reached the top of the rise. There, he was able to finally experience the full beauty that was France. It looked so...alive. So green. The air was fresh and crisp, and aside from a slight chill, it seemed to be a perfect morning. Though to Bastion, no so much. He, along with seven other men, had been sent on a scouting mission to investigate a group of armed soldiers found just beyond the borders of France. He was told that if they were to be bandits or raiders, deploy and attack. If it happened to be troops of England, flee immediately and inform the King or Monarch of France.

Seven men had started with him, only three remained. Two had fled along with much of their gold, one had been killed by a group of kobolds - Damn those beasts! Bastion hated them so much! - and another had passed away from an illness. Fortunately for Bastion, the three left were the strongest, and had an extrremely well conditioned physique.

Regardless, Bastion started forward yet again, paying no mind to his fellow mercenaries running to catch up with him.

------

Not sure if I've said this yet, but I don't want everyone starting out in the same place, much less to know our other characters. I may take into consideration one onhter player be one of the men with Bastion, though I am not sure. I will make a list of charactes and groups later, so be sure to include where your character is when you post.
TechnoNazi
TechnoNazi
SuperMod
SuperMod

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

The Fall of Kingdoms, The Rise of Guilds - Playing Empty Re: The Fall of Kingdoms, The Rise of Guilds - Playing

Post  Molach! Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Hidden and silent Kage waited patiently in a bush somewhere in a forest, he readied his bow and waited until his foe was at his most vulnerable. A small band of kobolds was scavenging trough the remains of a dead men in armour, a mercenaries by the looks of him. Two of the Kobolds started a fight over a small object. Kage quickly took advantage of the distraction by raining arrows with deadly precision on the band of kobolds. As the first of their comrades fell the rest scattered, not sure who attacked them or how many enemies there were.

Kage walked over to the corpse the kobolds left behind. A quick search revealed that the kobolds had already taken anything of value. Not far from the body lay a small shining object, it was the object the kobolds had been fighting over. They must have dropped it in their hurry to escape. Kage picked it up and recognised it as the seal of France. A seal often given to mercenaries who serve them as prove that they are acting in the service of France.

In the distance he heard the sound of footsteps running over the fallen leaves. The kobolds were returning, and by the sound of things they brought friends. Kage quickly put the seal in his pocket and retreated into the forest. He wasn’t foolish enough to take on a entire tribe of kobolds by himself.
Molach!
Molach!

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

The Fall of Kingdoms, The Rise of Guilds - Playing Empty Re: The Fall of Kingdoms, The Rise of Guilds - Playing

Post  TechnoNazi Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:52 pm

((What happened to all my other players?))

Bastion was soon alerted by the echoes of battle. It was faint, but the scream of a Kobold could not go unheard. He and his friend back tracked to the cliff they had recentely scaled, and stealthily looked to the woods below.

The bodies of multiple Kobolds lay dead or dying after a terrible fight. By the looks of it, they had been taken by suprise, else the bodies would be spread out over a much wider scale. Apart from the already dead mercenary- one of his men, he realized- there were no corpses of humans or elves or other creature.

A thought came to Bastion. Could it have been but a single man or creature that defeated this group? It was rare to find such a trained and skilled warrior...but it was possible. The thought gave him hope. If there was a skilled warrior in the area, he mayhap could convinve him to join him.

With a second glance down at the forest, Bastion saw more Kobolds preparing for battle. They were not happy with their defeat. If this warrior was still down there, he may have been in danger.

Bastion did not let this chance to show his battle skill slip away. Without another thought, Bastion leaped from the cliff and plundged downward, swinging his sword madly as he dove into the crowd...
TechnoNazi
TechnoNazi
SuperMod
SuperMod

Back to top Go down

Post  Molach! Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:14 pm

The clash of metal.. the screams of kobolds… apparently the kobolds had found an other victim. Kage thought about keeping moving is his current direction, away form the fight. A quick discussion formed in his head and he decided to turn around. He needed to at leased see what was fighting the kobolds.

When he cam close to the fight he climbed into a tree to get a good oversight on the fight going on nearby. He had suspected to see a group of warriors but instead he saw just one simple mercenary. Most likely trying to retrieve what is left of his fallen comrade.

Kage was about to turn back around, if this guy wanted to die for his fallen comrade, so be it. he wasn’t taking kage with him. but then again.. he could not just leave him to die there.

Kage quickly readied his bow. His spot in the tree was perfect for this situation. A rain of arrows rained down on the distracted kobolds.
Molach!
Molach!

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoNazi Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:35 am

It was amazing to Bastion. Never before had he seen himself so skilled. He loved battle. Loved the adreniline. Loved the blood.

The man had apparently returned, or he had drawn in more warriors from the noise, as arrows had ained down on the Kobolds in all directions. When the firing ceased for a few moments, Bastion continued his onslaught, be heading or smashing the Kobolds' skulls in one simple and quick blow. In but a few moments the other three were on the ground next to him, swining their swords anc clubs in unison with Bastion.

In the span of just a few minutes, over fifty Kobolds had been slaughtered. They troubled travelers no more.

After the fight, Bastion kept his sword out, gripping it with two hands, and standing in a defencive position; the perfect position to deflect and arrow. If this warrior turned out to be hostile, Bastion would have to rely on defence to keep him alive, as always.
TechnoNazi
TechnoNazi
SuperMod
SuperMod

Back to top Go down

Post  Molach! Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:38 pm

Kage looked down on the 4 men in the field of dead kobolds. They were though, and thanks to them Kage was able to do something he had been wanting for some time now. but they were reckless as well, it was a good thing they were that good or they would have gotten themselves killed a long time ago. Kage noticed how they kept there arms up, clearly there was still at leased some tread of self-preservation left in them.

But there business was done now. The loner that Kage was he had no need to go and talk to them, so to not bother them any longer he disappeared back into the forest as quick and quite as he could.
Molach!
Molach!

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoNazi Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:47 pm

((Suppos it's just you and me then, Molach. For the time being. I wonder if anyone else knows this thread is even here... Question ))

Bastion muttered a short enchantment, which was only 2 syllables. ((Never mentioned his enchantments in my character profile. He can drastically enhance one of his senses for a time. Also, a spells power and amount of energy they require are counted in the amount of syllables in the overall spell. So a two syllable spell if very short.))

Infravision. Bastion hated it, but at this time it was necessary. The dazziling lights of the infrared spectrum soon filled his peripheral vision, as he scanned the forest for any signs of heat, in a particular human shape. None.

Bastion soon began scaling the cliff, his equipment as heavy as his heart.
TechnoNazi
TechnoNazi
SuperMod
SuperMod

Back to top Go down

Post  Razor23 Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:08 am

Venus was leaving a normal life in a small village outside Madrid. She was keeping her race sectret and nobody knew that she is a Half-Elf. One day one man noticed that Venus was the same in her look for more that 25 years. He hired 3 men in order to kill Venus but he didn't knew that she had very special training and skills. Venus killed the attackers but she left from Spain and went to France.

It was a cold and dark night and she light up a fire in order to cook something and have some rest. While she was preparing her food, she heard a noise coming from the trees. Three kobolds came out from the dark and attack her, Venus with a quick move took her sword and stabed the first kobold in the chest, she then cast a spell and a wall of fire raised from the ground blocking the other two kobolds from reaching her. Then she retreated and continued her journey.

The next morning she was near a forest when she heard the sound of a battle, she headed that way and she saw three men standing above dead kobolds. She hide behind a tree and waited to see what happend.
Razor23
Razor23

Male Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfie Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:34 pm

"Faster, Belle, faster!"

Trean yelled at his steed, flying across the plains. The ground rumbled beneath them as not too far behind them was a pursuing giant, and he didn't look too pleased.

"YOUS GETS BACK OVER HERES!"

The Giant leapt over them and landed in front, causing massive shaking and making Belle stop. The giant lunged for Trean, but he was too fast for the giant beast. He leapt up on the large hand, thrusting the blade of his dagger into it.

The Giant howled in pain, "YOUS GONNA PAYS FOR TAT!" He pulled Trean off of his hand and held the human by the cloak he wore, "Yousa makin' mes VERY MAD! Now I eats you and be done with it!" As Trean was lifted over the now gaping hole that was the giant mouth, a brown flash of feathers flew by and hit the brute in the side of the head, "Ow...HEY!"

In his attempt to strike the hawk, the giant dropped Trean, who immediatly took advantage of the distraction when he got back up. He returned to the back of Belle and headed off again. When he realized what happened, the giant give chase. Trean looked over to the side to see the hawk flying along with him, "Excellent timing, Hermes." The hawk screeched back, and Trean nodded, "Just a bit further..."

They traveled a little further, neither giving up. Then in an instant, Trean turned to the side. The Giant ran past a bit and went to turn to follow, but he suddenly couldn't move as he felt his foot suddenly sink into the ground. He looked down...then the next second all the earth around him dissapeared down into the apparent hole underneath, causing him to fall to the bottum with a big *THUD*.

"Heeey...yous tricks me! GETS ME OUTA HERE!" The giant's voice echoed up the long shaft.

Trean rode Belle over to the crator and looked down in, "I don't think I shall, Giant. There's some tunnels to the side there, good fellow. Follow them and you'll find your way out. It's either that or you can attempt to climb back up and continuously fail until you start to starve. Then you'll have to travel on an empty stomach. Your choice."

"I'LL GET YOUS FOR THIS!" The giant roared as he headed into the tunnels Trean pointed out. He was glad that he found the caverns. He didn't like to spill blood, and that giant would have been a very difficult opponent. Smiling to himself at effectivly forcing the brute away from the village, he headed back in its direction. (the tunnels led on for a few miles until they opened up outside of Scottland.)

While traveling back, Trean looked to the hawk as it landed on his shoulder, "Do you have it?" The hawk lifted a foot to show a large clump of flesh, blood, and black hair. Trean nodded, "That should do it. They'll at least believe I've damaged him."

Trean arrived back at the inn. He headed over to the barman and keeper, who frowned at him, "So...ya couldn' git rid o' 'im, eh?" Trean was taken aback by this abrubt statement, "Well I-" He was interupted, "Aw, I knew ya's was all talk and no strength. Just an o'ter man lyin' his arse off jus' fo' a bit of cash. I tell yas, I yam gettin' sick..."

The barman stopped his rant and as Hermes swooped over and dropped the mass in front of him on the counter. He looked at the clump with wide eyes, then looked at trean, who smirked. The barman shook his head and quickly began filling tankards, "Oh, my, me apologies, good sir! I 'ad no idea. I...LADIES AND GENTEL MEN!" He said, directing to the crowd who look back at him, "We 'ave ourselves a cause 'ta celebrate! TEH BEAST AT LAST IS GONE!

There was an extremely loud chorus of cheers and shouts in reply. "NO MORE LOSIN' FLOCK!" "NO MORE CRUSHED BUILDIN'S!" "NO MORE LOOKIN' AT 'IS UGLY MUG EVER AGAIN!" "HUZZAH!"

As the news brought life to the tavern, Trean headed over to a corner where there was another...the constable of the town, "We had a deal, did we not?" The constable nodded, "Ah, yes, you'll be wanting payment. Don't worry, stop by the office tomarrow morning and you'll get all you've been promised. For tonight, why don't you relax with everyone else?"

"Gladly, sir."
Wolfie
Wolfie
Admin

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  TechnoNazi Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:41 pm

((Stole my idea just about... Razz ))

Bastion and his three men were now crossing the border of Belgium and into Germany. There, he was to complete his task. Already had Bastion dealt with the English Thugs. The act of violence was against his orders, but there was only a dozen or two, and the commander had a beautiful sword Bastion so eagerly desired. He was now to complete a bit of freelance work he picked up; eliminating what looked like a walking stone a villager had seen on his way home.

Within a few hours Bastion reached his destination. A large cave, the size of the open jaws of a dragon, jutted out from the side of a hill. Pinnacles as sharp as daggers protruded out from ground and above Bastion's head. As he and his men continued inside, it felt like they were strolling into the open mouth of a monster.

((Here is where I would like another character not already introduced to show themselves, don't care how.))
TechnoNazi
TechnoNazi
SuperMod
SuperMod

Back to top Go down

Post  Razor23 Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:36 pm

All the time Venus was following the others making sure that they wouldn't notice her, in order to understood what was going on.
Razor23
Razor23

Male Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Molach! Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:57 am

After his fight with the kobolds Kage headed to the nearest village to look for more evil to kill. The villagers there pointed him in the direction of Maastricht just on the other side of the Dutch border. According to the rumours there was an Sea monster living in the river flowing trough the city. When Kage finally arrived in the city it turned out to be a false rumour. His trip here was not entirely wasted however. In Maastricht he met up with a German trader saying there were stone monster living near his home village. This man looked sincere, as if he had seen them himself.

Trusting the mans word Kage left for Germany.
Molach!
Molach!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down